Sorry I have been so remiss in updates. We managed to sell our house in Stevensville mid-February but until that time it was a whirlwind of activity around our house preparing for the big day. Of course, Maryland experienced one of the worst snowfalls in state history during that time! Here is an extended update of what has transpired since my last update and will hopefully help me get back in the game of blogging!
Fondue and Friends

Beth H from CrossedPurposes celebrated her birthday on February 21st. To celebrate a few of us got together and went to The Melting Pot in Annapolis for fondue. Fondue is a Swiss communal dish shared in at a table in a pot over a small burner. Diners use forks to dip breads, fruits, vegtables, etc into a fondue sauce. Since it was restaurant week in Annapolis, we received a 3 course meal for $30. Desert was $5 extra per person and so worth it. Here is a picture of the stuffed group after sitting, talking and laughing for 3 1/2 hours. If you haven't tried this yet; go for it! We had breads, apple slices, carrots and celery with a cheese sauce for our first course and a wonderful salad with dressing for our second. Steak, chicken, shrimp and vegetables cooked in a wine sauce at our table for our third. Our desert was strawberries, banannas, pound cake, brownies, toasted marshmellows, and cheesecake that we could dip in milk chocolate. Yum.....
Stitching

What would a girl do in the midst of the biggest snowfall in state history??? A little stitching therapy to remind her that summer is right around the corner! These little flip flops are from a pincushion book I purchased last fall while walking around the closest fabric shop. There are several cute designs and I decided in the midst of the storm that the day had arrived to start one.
I did start another small piece for those moments of encouragement. This is a Santa ornament which I have made once before for a Christmas card exchange. I am going to finish this one for the Christmas tree this year. The colors of this piece is so bright and cheery!

I also managed to finish up another Lizzie Kate Monthly Flip-it. Here is March. I have started April will hopefully get going again on this at least twice a week during my Yahoo groups UFO days.

I have dusted off my BRD and Kind Fond Love piece and will hopefully have some great updates on both of these soon! I have done some gridding on the BRD piece but that isn't exciting so why take a picture at this point. While writing this update, I have Kind Fond Love in my hoop and have been working on it for a few hours. Gosh I love this piece.
Reading
I have been reading between a few books in my spare time. Currently, I am working on 'One Wore Blue' by Heather Graham and 'Julie and Julia' by Julia Powell. There are so many books on my to read list right now I could easily curl up with a big pot of tea and enjoy a quiet day to myself. Yeah right!!!! Sometimes it is hard to find 5 minutes to sit in the bathroom without someone coming to the door looking for me. Oh, the life of a Mom!
Violin anyone???

Becky performed with a group of 4-6 grade string students for a exhibition of the county's music program. During the first practice, while I was explaining to her some parts on the music arrangements; one of the teachers overheard me and asked, "Do you play"???? Before I could answer, Becky's teacher said, "Oh yes she does! She has came to school with her violin and played with the students." Next thing I knew, I was being asked to bring in my violin for the next go around. My daughter and I ended up playing together onstage and it is a memory that I will never forget.
Tigers and Wolves and Bears..... Oh my!!

Ray has successfully made the rank of Bear in Cubscouts. Next year he will become a Weblo and will be moving on in the Cub Scout program. I am so proud of my little guy because not only did he earn his progression of rank; he also earned his Whittling Chip and his first pocketknife as well. You may wonder why his Bear badge is upside down? It is a tradition that the Cub Scout must do a good deed in order to have the badge turned right side up and sewn on his uniform.
6 comments:
Sounds like you have been a busy bee! Your stitching is beautiful. I too just finished the March flip it, very cute!
Dearest Carol,
I am so proud for you of your DS and DD. I know that you were beaming with true happiness when you got to play with DD. Stitching is wonderful. I am green with envy that you got to spend time with Beth and the girls.
Hugs,
Frishawn
Congratulations on selling the house :) Love that March flip-it. Flip flops - oh, so looking forward to summer!
Pumpkin,
Playing with Becky must have been wonderful; I am sure she was so proud of mom! The stitching is lovely, as always, and Ray looks sooooo cute!!! I laugh every time I think of all the stories you tell.....so beautifully.......I will always remember the one about camp! Luv, Sue
That's a full rich life you've got going on there - whew!
What a great post. The fondue place sounds scrumptious :) A very nice memory playing with your daughter, and congrats to your DS for cub scouts.
Post a Comment