| Broccoli-cheese Brunch Casserole - our dish from from the oven! |
This past weekend, I decided to change up our meal and made a breakfast brunch I found on the back of a package of Kraft Shredded Cheeses. The recipe was called Broccoli-cheese brunch casserole and we followed the recipe but added our own twist to it. We added Canadian Bacon and chopped onions to our version making it more like a Western omelet. Also I made a smaller casserole by splitting this recipe in half but this is the original recipe. I can tell you that it was VERY filling and would be perfect for a breakfast when guests are visiting. Of course, having 2 kids that enjoy cooking and preparing food, this is age friendly from tots to teens. Smaller fingers can help layer ingredients and bigger hands can help chop and prepare the veggies, or whatever you decide to add to your casserole and if you are a really adventurous Mom, the kids can even help crack and whisk the eggs! (Please note, this suggestion does not make me responsible for any kitchen
Broccoli-cheese Brunch Casserole
Prep: 20 min. Total: 1 hour Makes: 12 servings
What you need:
18 slices of white bread, cubed
1/2 cup chopped red peppers
3 cups KRAFT shredded mild cheddar & Monterrey Jack cheese
1 1/2 cups of small fresh broccoli florets (I used frozen; tasted great!)
8 eggs
3 cups milk
Make it:
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Layer 1/2 each of bread, peppers and cheese, in greased 13x9 baking dish, top with broccoli. Repeat layers of bread peppers and cheese.
3. Beat eggs and milk with whisk until blended; pour over ingredients in baking dish.
4. Bake 50 minutes to 1 hour or until center is set. Let stand 5 to 10 minutes before cutting to serve.
I think I'm going to be including some recipes on here from time to time. I think everyone enjoys something different and we really enjoyed this one. I'm thinking it may be pulled out for a camping trip with buddies sometime or a holiday breakfast meal.
In the words of Julia Childs......... Bon Appetite!


5 comments:
That looks and sounds sooo good.
Sounds like a great recipe.
Marl
Looks and sounds yummy! Thanks for sharing the recipe!
sounds good.
I think I'm going to try this on the grill!
Post a Comment