Stitching wise I received a wondeful surprise from the Online Needlework Show.
I won a prize from Ink Circles which really made my day and I just received it tonight when I came home from work. I won the chart "This Heart of Mine" which is a Quaker inspired piece. I am looking forward to changing up the fabric and colors and making the design a little more me. I have completed the Monsterbubbles Halloween Bat and almost completed 2 more of my LK Blessings - Peace and Faith. That leaves only one more block to go! I made myself a promise that I would have it done by the time for Christmas framing (not necessarily have it framed but to have it done in time for this deadline) and it appears that I might actually make it. I have also started a Heinzeit piece called "Lighthouse" which I am going to make for my brother and sister-in law's 20th anniversary. Why lighthouses? Well, they both enjoy going on lighthouse challenges where they travel to all the lighthouses in a specific state over a weekend. Their family room is decorated in all lighthouses so I thought it would be a nice addition, especially since I haven't given them a stitched piece yet. I have made a little progress on Dance of the Roses and Starlight Sampler. I am hoping to finish the Hinzeit Lighthouse and LK's Faith and Peace blocks this week. This will definitely be my most productive cross stitch year ever and I have to think it is due to my joining the on-line stitching groups on Yahoo. So thanks to all my internet friends that have inspired me to keep up the stitching!


2 comments:
I know about being overdue on blog postings. It was great to ready your update. Congrats on all the goodies.
Happy Stitching.
CJ
Nice finish and great gift.
Post a Comment