Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride! - Unknown


Monday, September 22, 2008

Stash, stash stash!

Well, after my eventful week last week and my weekend being cut in half since I worked 12 1/2 hours on Sunday; I decided to do a little retail therapy. I went to my LNS, Stitching Post, and while there bought a variety of items I needed for current stitching projects, Christmas project supplies and a few items which just called my name. So, my grand total ended up being the 2008 Christmas Ornament magazine, LK's Special Edition Christmas is Forever Kit, 2 LK patterns: Dont get your tinsel in a tangle and Housework never killed anyone... but why take a chance? and Doodle for leftovers by HobNobb Designs (Holiday Sprinkles). I also picked up a piece of Guacamole Weeks 30 count linen for LK's Hocus Pokus and a few Just Another Button Company embelishments. Afterall, she who dies with the most stash wins or something like that!


I have been working on a few of my smaller projects. I have been working on a bat from Monster Bubbles from the Just Cross Stitch Halloween issue and also on Trail Creek Farm's Simply Spring. I ordered the few embellishments I needed for the Spring and Winter Trail Creek Farm pieces so when they arrive, I will be donw with this series. They turned out to be a cute stitch and I'm planning on turning them into mini-pillows for decoration. I am going to work on LK's Christmas Blessings this week because I would like to complete 2 more of the blessings leaving only 1 more to be done! Woo-hoo! Also, I did some work on my LHN Starlight Sampler which I am planning on hanging in my RV when done. I just loved this piece and the saying on it which is, "Stars light up the heavens when evening draws near guiding thy travels til sunlight appears." As you can tell, I almost have the saying done. A little more work and this piece will be halfway done.
Well, time to do some stitching! :) Have fun!

2 comments:

Barb said...

Nice stash. Sometimes we need to reward ourselves. I like your WIP's also. Great job on them.

Dawn B. said...

Wow love the stash you got..LK is one of my fav's. The WIP looks great. Hope Mom gets better real soon.