
Well, I decided to get a start on my 2009 Ornament Challenge by picking out a few ornaments, bagging up the supplies, cutting and fray checking the fabric. I even managed to start the first ornament which is from a book I picked up Friday from Michaels. It is called Ornaments Galore by Ursela Michael and seems to have a lot of cute, whimsical ornaments in bright colors. I decided to stitch a reindeer first and so I have started working on it and was quite surprised with the progress which I made. I am by no means a fast stitcher, so it will take me a few days; especially when I return to work tomorrow. The true challenge for me will be the finishing techniques since I have not finished an ornament other than adding a piece of felt onto the back of the piece. I would love to learn all the different ways of finishing ornaments and pieces and become more confident in this so I guess I'll start practicing.
My mom was very well tonight, she even got up while I was there with minimal help and went to the bathroom and got into the bed. She is starting to feel more like herself although she still has good days and bad days. She becomes frustrated when she has a bad day but that is to be expected when you consider the extent of her surgery, other medical conditions and age. She is 81 years old with two knee replacements and is a cancer survivor.
1 comment:
I love that little Reindeer Carol! Great start and good news on mom too!!!
Post a Comment