Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride! - Unknown


Sunday, January 4, 2009

First Finish of 2009!

Well, after a week of visits from Mr. FROG, I finally finished the Reindeer ornament I started earlier in the week. I liked the way he turned out and while I had thought about stitching frog legs sticking out of the snow (You know, "Froggie got ran over by a reindeer.....), I refrained and stitched my initials and year in the snow instead. Now the real challenge will be to finish it off as an ornament by the end of the month. I have started my next ornament of Santa skating tonight and will hopefully have another finish for next weekend to show.

Today Kim W. and I went to our local needlework shop (LNS) and I picked up the fabric and threads for a Blue Ribbon Designs Stitch-a-long (SAL) that I am participating in for one of my groups. I decided to stitch "Tiny Trees and Gifts for Thee" which is one of their gameboard designs. The Stitch-It-Quick group is having a SAL which is asking everyone to try and complete 2 of the blocks a week starting in February. I am hoping to get a head start if possible later this week by starting the gameboard frame and working the individual squares with the group.


Non-stitching wise, I got a lot done today. I started home made Chicken Noodle soup this morning and while the chicken was slowly cooking off the bones, I ran over to Valvoline and got my oil changed and over to a local car cleaner and got the truck detailed. When I came home, I got the rest of the broth flavored (I save broth from roasted chickens) and later added the egg noodles. Served with fresh bread, it is a meal in itself. My husband ran some down to his parents since his mom has had the stomach flu and to his Aunt Berns and Uncle Dickie (Aunt Berns has been down with her back for a few days). I ran some into the rehabilitation center for my mom and her roommate, Rita. Then of course, my family of 4 also had soup for dinner as well. Luckily, when I make soup, I use a HUGE 10 quart soup pot my Aunt Laura gave me several Christmases ago. Although I had such a large amount, we have enough left over for only one more meal.

2 comments:

Debra said...

It is cute. Congrats on your finish.
Debra in Indiana

Dawn B. said...

Love the reaindeer finish. Love the gameboard as well. Happy Stitching