Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride! - Unknown


Monday, March 2, 2009

My Long Overdue Update

I'm so sorry about not having posted for so long but I can't say that the stitching needles have been busy. I haven't had a stitching finish since my reindeer finish in the beginning of January but I'm hoping to make up for all the lost time in March. There is several little projects which are "thisclose" to being done ~ I just need to finish them. When I do, I can guarantee you will be the first to know!

The great news is that I'm going to my first stitching retreat in May over my birthday weekend! I am so excited because I have wanted to attend this for 3 years and now it is finally going to happen. It started out that the family was going camping down in Frontier town and I would go by myself to Salty Yarns every day for the retreat. Then during one of my conversations with Beth from my Heirloom Stitchers group, we started discussing that maybe she could go and stay with a friend that lives down that way. Next thing I knew, Sue V from Newport News was emailing me to see if her and her BFF, Laura, could crash the retreat. My answer...... YES! I now get to have my 37th birthday in Ocean City with a good friend I have made in the last year and the chance to get to finally meet 2 more friends that I have made in stitching. What better way to start another year!

Ray and Becky both did very well in school this quarter. Becky made honor roll and Ray has been selected for the Advanced Math classes for his grade. I was supposed to read today at the school for their Dr. Suess Birthday celebration (Happy 105th birthday Dr. Suess!) but the nor'easter changed the plans. This morning we awoke to a beautiful winter wonderland outside.

No comments: