Yesterday, Ray and I went to our local Giant foodcenter and when we turned into the spices/baking aisle I had said to him, "We gotta get our ingredients for Snow Icecream since it is going to snow tonight and tomorrow."
A gentleman there who had overheard me just had to ask, "What do you need for snow icecream?"
Of course, Ray being Ray promptly responded with, "Well SNOW of course! What do you think you make Snow I
cecream with, huh?" Ray is autistic and if you know anything about autistic children; it is that they will tell you what is on their mind with no hesitation.
Okay, story time of over...... Now onto our desert!
Snow icecream has been a tradition that has been passed down in my family for generations. My Granny (grandmother), made it for me when I was a little girl and she said her grandmother used to make it for her when she was a little girl. So that means that it goes back to my Great-great-grandmother and possibly further than that! Now the tradition continues with my own children who absolutely love this treat.
Ingredients:
A gentleman there who had overheard me just had to ask, "What do you need for snow icecream?"
Of course, Ray being Ray promptly responded with, "Well SNOW of course! What do you think you make Snow I
Okay, story time of over...... Now onto our desert!
Snow icecream has been a tradition that has been passed down in my family for generations. My Granny (grandmother), made it for me when I was a little girl and she said her grandmother used to make it for her when she was a little girl. So that means that it goes back to my Great-great-grandmother and possibly further than that! Now the tradition continues with my own children who absolutely love this treat.
Ingredients:
- Snow (Of course! What do you think you make Snow Icecream with, huh????? - Ray)
- Sugar
- Salt
- Vanilla Extract
- Condensed Sweetened Cream (I prefer Eagle Brand)
Start with a huge pot of snow (none of the yellow kind so be careful out there) and start adding the cream until when stirred i
t starts to form a cream colored ice. Add vanilla (I prefer a lot since this really gives a good taste to your final product) a scoop or two of sugar and a pinch of salt. Whip the ingredients together until your icecream is ready and enjoy! Every year our family looks forward to a good snowfall so this treat can be enjoyed. In fact, the kids are already asking if we can make another batch later tonight and it doesn't require any pulling of my arm!


3 comments:
Oh my! I use to make this as a kid too. But never the first snow. LOL! We always used regular milk and I don't remember adding salt.
DLS
What a lovely blog.
I really liked the snow ice cream.
I've never heard of snow ice cream before. How interesting!
Post a Comment