Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride! - Unknown


Sunday, April 24, 2011

Spring Exchange & Happy Easter!

Happy Easter! I think spring has finally arrived and has decided to stay. I had thought pigs would fly before warm, sunny days arrived but when I looked out the window today, it is just gorgeous! Here is a picture of my neighbor's pink dogwood which is one of the prettiest I have seen this year. Isn't it gorgeous???
I just sent a spring exchange out to my partner, Karen, from my Yahoo group, Every Stitch Counts. I decided to stitch a very old freebie pattern from Prairie Schooler which I found and the colors were just so complimentary to each other. After finishing the stitching, I went to the local fabric store and this dogwood fabric caught my attention within moments. I completed this piece as a small pillow and I am hoping my exchange partner will like it when it arrives.



Prairie Schooler Complimentary Design (1994?)
Stitched on 32 count Lambswool Jobelan
Threads: DMC


I am now working on The Musician once again after almost a 3 week hiatus. I have missed working on this piece and that is good news since I have a long, long way to go; about 20,000! Yesterday, I started to use the Krenik Very Fine Braid and should be starting some of the back stitching of the design soon. I think that is when she will really pop!

Last of all, I must share some other spring pictures. My daffodils were beautiful this year although they did not last for Easter. My azalea bushes are starting to bloom and when taking this picture, look what happened to fly by...... Happy Easter!!
Until next time, keep your stitchin' and knittin' needles moving, spend time with family and friends, and most of all... enjoy life!

18 comments:

htimcj said...

Great finish! I am glad Spring has made it to your neck of the woods. Still working on it here in Idaho!
Heidi-ILCS

Anonymous said...

Beautiful finish. Your partner will be thrilled.
The musician looks great too.

Emily in NC said...

Beautiful stitching, the fabric is great. Glad spring has sprung where you are.

Mylene said...

Love your spring finish, it is beautiful!
And what lovely flower pictures. It reminds me i have to post some flower pics i've taken last week as i had taken new ones today...fields of tulips.
A happy easter!

Vicky L said...

What a beautiful finish!Your Musician is coming along very lovely! I cant wait to see more progress on her.

Meari said...

Very nice finish, Carol. Your spring pics look so nice :)

Angie said...

love the progress on musician.

Sari said...

Lovely pictures ! The finish looks great and I'm waiting patiently to see how the musician will look.

Sue said...

Pumpkin, your PS looks fantastic! You did a lovely job. All of your flowers AND the pink dogwood are gorgeous.........you are making good progress on your musician. I am flippin' to start one of my JE's but I have enough on my plate for now! LOL

Hope to see you soon!

Hugs,
Sue

Sandy In Montana said...

What a beautiful finish, Carol. I just love the colors.

We only have our Crocus blooming here in Montana, but there are Daffodils, Tulips, and others just waiting their turn.

Take Care & Happy Stitching
Hugs, Sandy

Lyn said...

Carol, I am sure thaqt your exchange partner will love the pillow. Your project is looking great! I love spring flowers too. Spring has finally arrived here in Illinois too.

chrisstitches said...

We have beautiful daffodils too. Love neighbor's tree. Wonderful progress on Musician. Thanks for sharing info on Easter & exchange.

Debra said...

nice stitching and I love the flower pictures

Nancy in IL said...

Catol, I just love everything you're working on, and isn't the PS freebie just great? Yours is wonderful on the pillow - lucky recipient! She'll just love that!

This spring, though very wet here, is the most beautiful for flowers, bushes, and trees I've ever seen. Your photography is wonderful. The daffodils are perfectly formed, and I love the flying pig in the azaleas - too cute! Thanks for a lovely visit!

Kay said...

Such a cute little finish! I love just about anything that is PS! Hope you had a happy Easter and thanks for sharing all the beautiful pictures of the flowers in bloom. It does not look like that here in Ohio yet, maybe soon.

Nancy M said...

Nice exchange piece and lovely progress. I don't have the trees blooming yet, but I did cut some daffodils and hope to enjoy them inside since it won't quit being cold and rainy out!!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful finish for you exchange piece! I love the pictures of your trees and flowers too!

Katrien said...

lovely spring pics.
Your exchange piece is lovely.