Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride! - Unknown


Monday, January 2, 2012

My day off.....

Since New Years fell on a Sunday my office was given off today as our paid holiday which I have enjoyed immensely. I decided to pull out the new Kitchen Aid mixer and make another batch of cookies since all of them had been eaten or given away and with the cold weather and wind howling around the house, it made for a cozy day to spend in the kitchen. Mixing the batches of dough was definitely easier than doing it by hand as I had before Christmas and the cookies even seemed to be of lighter consistency; perhaps because of the thoroughness of the electric mixer. We made a "new" cookie today along with all the most of the other favorites; a coconut macaroon. Ray loves coconut and he gave them a two-thumbs up after letting them cool for a while.

Tomorrow is my 2nd day back to the office. I returned on Friday to catch up on emails (not quite completed yet but I only had over 2100 messages waiting in my inbox at work), and will be working full time in a reduced capacity for a while, mostly desk work. I am very glad to be back on the job and seeing my co-workers who are more like friends than office mates.

Therapy is going to be only 3 days a week  at this point but no end in sight at this time. I still have lots of exercises to do twice a day at home and so I am still working on getting better. Work schedule is going to be an extra early start for me so I can complete a full day at work, make it to therapy and still pick up Becky from school and help both her and Ray with homework while fixing dinner. I'm hoping to participate in a Relay for Life event with my best friend, Beth Haneke in April. Still working on my bucket list for 2012; but I want to work on organizing my home and reducing clutter. This will be a big goal and while it will be something that won't happen overnight, it is something that I'm hoping to get everyone involved in.

Until next time, keep your stitchin' and knittin' needles moving, spend time with friends and family and most of all, enjoy life!

6 comments:

*-* said...

Happy New Year to you & yours Carol. I hope your ankle recovery continues well and you regain strength & mobility equal to before the fracture.
Those coconut macaroons look delicious, I too love anything coconut.
I am also working on my 2012 bucket list but like your plans to de clutter.

htimcj said...

Happy new year! Your cookies look great. Aren't those kitchen aide mixers the best!
I hope your ankle continues to heal. That looked like a nasty break.
Heidi-ILCS

Christina G said...

Wishing you a speedier recovery! and those macaroons look awesome!
Chris G

Kay said...

Happy New Year to you and yours, Carol. I hope the new year ahead brings you lots of happiness and love and laughter and good health! Sounds like you had some fun with your new Christmas gift! The cookies look good!

Debra said...

yumm

Meari said...

The cookies look yummy. Glad to hear you're back to work. Don't try to do too much. Hope you have a speedy recovery.

Happy New Year, Carol!