All of us stitchers have that bucket list, some of us call it our UFO pile, but I decided it would be my bucket list. Hopefully it will help motivate me to complete a few more of those infamous projects which has fell to the wayside over the course of time and will help declutter my sewing bag(s) a little at a time. Since I have been doing so well on my stitching of the Musician and Innocent Guardian, I pulled out a project which has been lolly-gagging in the bottom of my pile for a while and worked on it this week while waiting for doctor appointments or other times of the day.
This was worked on some last year but never really made it to the point where I could say I was starting to see light at the end of the tunnel and just buckled down and finished it. I don't want you to think it just was something that I decided I didn't like, but it has some really sad times attached to this piece and I think that kind of caused me to put it to the side for so long. My Mom helped pick this piece out for my camper the last year she lived. I remember going up to the Stitching Post to look around and when my Mom saw this she remarked how it would go with my camper. I bought all the supplies, kitted it up and had it sitting in the someday pile. Then a few weeks later, I ended up getting a call from her saying she didn't feel too well, I grabbed this freshly packed project out of my bag and ended up in the hospital stitching all night long and watched the sun come over the horizon the next morning. For the next 4 months, this seemed to be the only time I spent on this piece and while I managed to cover a lot of ground on it while sitting in the Emergency Room; it wasn't enjoyable stitching but more of a stress reliever. Of course, most of you know I lost my Mom in March 2009 and that was when this piece along with several others became forgotten and left as I dealt with moving on through life without a parent.
So as I had said a couple of weeks ago, I am trying to be accountable for this quandary which I have created in the corner of my stitching pile. Some of these pieces have been just begging to come out to play but I think I'm going to pull one out at a time and just work on it along with my two favorite ladies ~ The Musician and Innocent Guardian. Hopefully at the end of the year, I'll be able to say that a few more projects moved from the Land of the Lost to the Completed Pile.
I would have liked to finish this piece before the 8th of March, but I didn't manage it. I hopefully will finish it in the next month or so. Eventually I will be holding the finished piece and realize that it has been 3 long years without my Mom. However, I'll be able to say to myself, "But look what I have finished to remember her by."
Until next time, keep your stitchin' and knittin' needles moving, spend time with family and friends, and most of all enjoy life!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Starlight looks great, Carol. Just take it easy. After all, stitching is supposed to be an enjoyable hobby :)
Hugs,
Veronica.
I love starlight! I have to have this!
Very pretty! You will finish it soon!
Post a Comment