Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride! - Unknown


Saturday, February 25, 2012

Goodbye Cubscouts.... Where has the last 5 years gone???

Today was a big moment in my little boy's life and I was there with tears in my eyes and a smile across my face as I watched him take a step towards becoming the man he'll grow up to be someday. Ray graduated from Cub Scout Pack 725 with the highest honor that can be bestowed upon a boy which is the Arrow of Light. He has worked and overcame so much in the past 5 years and it only seems like yesterday that I was nervously taking him for his first Cub Scout meeting wondering if he would like it, would he ever meet all the requirements for ranks as the years flew by.
Today I saw him nervously stand up when the time came to be bridged over to Boy Scouts. His best friend and he will be going their seperate ways in this adventure now belonging to different Troops and he is starting a new path again with new friends and challenges awaiting him. The epulets parking him as a Cub Scout was removed along with his bandana and while I wanted to grab him for one more hug before watching him cross to another adventure, I smiled so proudly as he took a courageous step forward and soon was being welcomed into Troop 873 as a Boy Scout.

No comments: