Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride! - Unknown


Monday, September 8, 2008

Monday, Monday......

Well, today was a busy day for me although I didn't have to go to work. Since I had worked all weekend, I had the option of taking a day off since I only have to have 40 hours in a week's time. This morning, I already had 25 hours on the books, so I decided it was a day for me. Beth H had wanted to join the local EGA chapter, so she was going to meet me at 10:00 this morning at the Howard County Center of the Arts. The lecture covered all kind of needleart tools which included beautiful mother of pearl tatting shuttles, ivory knitting needles, Victorian needle cases, and other goodies that had Beth and me oohing and aahhing very nicely.

While at the meeting, Beth and I got a little stitching done on our respective projects. I worked on DOTR, which I realized I had forgot to post last night. I have included a complete picture along with a current progress shot. She is the biggest project I have ever stitched, but I love the colors and the detail in the project. I'm hoping to complete this project next year sometime.


This weekend, I'm planning on meeting with some ladies that are in 2 of my online groups, Every Stitch Counts and Stitch It Quick. I looking forward to meeting up with Laura, Sue and Barb. Stitching friends are definitely some of the nicest people you will ever meet hands down. Sue and I will be doing a stitch along on Carriage House's Shores of Hawk Run Hollow soon. Will post pictures when I get started. I decided to do the picture with the Needlepoint Silks and on the Autumn Gold 36ct. fabric. As the saying goes, "So much stitching, so little time." How true this is!


1 comment:

Barb said...

Your WIP looks great. Have a good time with Sue, Laura and Barb ths weekend. Hope you get lots of stitching done!