Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride! - Unknown


Monday, September 15, 2008

What a weekend!

Friday night started off on the right foot. I decided to go to Lazy Boy and pick out a new recliner since my old one which is about 7 years old had decided to finally break. While I love the color green, I could not find a true green color like hunter, emerald, kelly at any furniture store. The "in" colors for this year are sage, a moss green, pea green; just one word could describe the current fashions........yuck! I ended up going with a burgundy recliner and am looking forward to getting it sometime this upcoming week.


Saturday ended up being a day of cleaning and lazing around. I started off the day on messenger with Lynn from ESC and Beth from Stitch It Quick and Heirloom Stitchers talking about the horrible destruction down in Texas from Hurrican Ike. Later in the evening, George, the kids and I decided to ride down to the county fair and enjoy the sites and sounds. I showed the family my ribbons I won at the fair. Be My Valentine took first, LK's Ask me about my Grandkids, Glory Bee's Stitching Days, and Milady's Needle Christmas Blessings took second and Grandma's Attic Remember Me took third. The kids had a blast seeing all the animals; Becky loved the rabbits and for Ray it was the pigs. We enjoyed walking around seeing all the vendors, tractors, and just spending some quality family time. I had to post the picture of the kids posing at one of the many board displays at the fair; enjoy!



Sunday was holding some promise until I received a call from my Mom at 7:00 a.m. that she was feeling really sick and nauseous. We ended up at the hospital for most of the day before being released. I did grab my small sewing bag; affectionately known as the "Clown Bag" while running out the door so I did some stitching on a Halloween gift for Ray while waiting. The Clown Bag earned its name for being able to hold all my supplies for 2-3 projects at a time (fabric, threads, charts, needles, scissors, thread heaven along with various other items) all within a small Vera Wang purse; the smallest one out there. I will need to post a picture one day of this item but it is a well known joke among the stitching friends that have seen it that it holds all but the kitchen sink; and if you looked hard enough you might find that too.

Finally, if you are looking for a really good read; might I suggest Nora Robert's Tribute. It is one of her newest writing efforts which is well written and contains interesting characters, a solid plot including suspense and action. Definitely a book that you will have problems putting down - which can explain why I have been falling to sleep late this last week when I picked up my book to unwind after a long day at work.

Take care of yourselves and here's hoping to an uneventful and peaceful week!

No comments: