Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride! - Unknown


Thursday, August 20, 2009

Stitching right along

I've been stitching right along on several projects lately. When I was in and out of the hospital so much with my Mom, I had started so many projects (small and large) and I've been working on cleaning up some of the WIPS that had been laying around becoming UFO's. I did finish LK's Don't get your tinsel in a tangle and and have been making progress on my LK Monthly Stamp for February and also on my Kind Fond Love Sampler. Here is a few pictures of the progress I've made along with my one finish recently. While I have some more stitching to finish on February, I did start on March the other day figuring I'd be able to complete February without too much need for counting. I usually save stitching like this for doctor appointments, or when you just don't have the mind set to be counting twice and stitching once. I even started another birthday fairy from my book, "365 Tiny Cross Stitch Designs" by Kooler Design Studios. It has so many fun, simple stitches which you can turn into gifts very quickly. The ladies in waiting are one of my favorite motifs in the KFL (Kind Fond Love) sampler and I love how they turned out. I read that the women represent life and that crosses represent faith, hope and love from the website,
http://www.exemplum.co.uk/motif.html which has a chart of the various cross stitch symbols found in samplers. If you are into samplers, this is a definite site you must check out!




Tuesday night was our Heirloom Stitchers meeting at the local library. There was five ladies which showed up and we always seem to have a great time showing off projects, finishes, talking about family, work and just life in general. Afterwards, Beth, Kasey and I went to Hunan La Rose restaurant and had some really great Chinese! I think both Beth and I are addicted to their food and we love how they bring out the warm washtowel and dish of sherbert with the fortune cookie after dinner. Yum!

Finally, I had to share a picture of my cat, Patches. Patches came into the fold over a year ago in May as a 2 ounce kitten not half the size of my hand. As you can see from the posted picture, he is a well fed, grown cat that weighs about 23 pounds! He is now also nicknamed "Triple Wide" since he passed "Double Wide" about 10 pounds ago......So much for saying a kitten that is bottle fed doesn't grow very well. The black and white cat is Stockings and I tease her that she is all in style since she looks like she is into the Gothic trend. Yes, her nose is jet black and her lips are too. She was also a stray which was taken in and bottle fed about 5 years ago. She is sitting on my backpack looking like she is getting ready for the first day of school. Doesn't she look excited????


Till next time!

1 comment:

Lelia said...

Awesome projects!!!