I have been assigned the task of being the secretary for the middle school band boosters organization which has it's own set of worries in and of itself. We are trying to raise money to replace old school equipment (music stands, instruments, etc) and also help defray the costs of the kids participating in several music competitions this year. The boosters has about 275 kids involved in it and one of my goals this year is to improve the parent participation in activities by making sure the information is out there for all. I have been setting up spreadsheets, getting meeting minutes online, and helping figure out new ways to raise money for our school. I love getting involved in things like this and seeing the kids getting excited about their accomplishments just does a person good.
Girl scouts and Cub scouts is in full swing as well. Becky is a Junior scout this year and Ray is a 1st year Weblos. We are working on several activity badges for both of them and of course for Becky the big award is the Bronze Star and for Ray is the Arrow of Light.
Then add in to the mix our weekly bowling leagues for the kids; the family going bowling once a week for family time/activity time; mommy playing with her tractor (I love my Farmall!); house renovations and housecleaning and I'm sure you are wondering when I'm finding time for my full time job and sleep. I seem to have no problem finding the time for the J-O-B but sometimes sleep seems to be alluding me.
However, I have managed to finally.... hold on that wasn't quite right...... FINALLY finished a piece this year that I wanted to make! This was the first piece that I have completed since my Mom died that wasn't associated with an exchange that had a hard due date that needed to be met. Just something that I saw, fell in love with and had to stitch. The piece is from Prairie Schooler called Country Seasons (Book 123) and is titled Summer. I loved the colors in this piece and it was a fun, entertaining stitch whi
Knitting is coming along; I have made several knitted washcloths which are going to find their way into Christmas presents this year and I am currently working on a scarf for Becky. The colors in this yarn immediately caught my attention for Becky since she loves bright, cheery colors all the time. My friends have teased me that I need to make sure I include a pouch for a battery pack but I can just see Becky falling in love with the colors. Ray is anxiously awaiting me to finish her scarf so I can begin one with him and of course it will be in the color green since that is his favorite color. In fact, the current washcloth is being worked in the pattern I plan on using for his scarf; a checkered pattern created by alternating between knitting and purling.
Until next time, I hope you enjoy reading on current happenings in my family and I thank you all for the wonderful comments! They really help motivate me to realize that someone out there enjoys reading about this crazy ride called life...... Hugs!


7 comments:
Carol,
You did a beautiful job on your P. Schooler!! I will be looking forward to seeing the entire series!!
It does get better day by day!!
Love and Hugs!!
Deborah
Wow, are you ever a busy lady. So glad you have found time to stitch. It looks Great!!!!!
Wow, that's quite an update. Glad to hear the kiddos are doing well in school. Your finishes turned out nice. Congrats!
The PS piece looks lovely. Will look forward to seeing more completions.
I love the colours you used for the scarves. I'm sure those receiving them, will be thrilled.
Hey Pumpkin! Love your Summer finish; I did Spring and have now misplaced my chart...GRRRRRRRRRR....I will find it.....
Your knitting is great! You are a quick learner girl...LOL
Love the rest of your pieces and am glad that Becky is finally feeling better; wish I could have been there to have heard her play!
Very cute! I really like the pattern. I could probably get away with just stitching Summer since it is always summer here!
- Lisa N.
Love your PS piece Carol! They are one of my favourite designers!
Post a Comment