For Christmas, my mother-in-law picked me a set of harmony cabled knitting needles from the online store, Knitpicks. These are made of birch and range from sizes 4 to 11 and have interchangeable cables. So after finishing up Becky's scarf, I picked up Ray's scarf which I had started on my new size 8 needles. Wow ~ what a difference! Even though the needles are made of wood, the yarn is not grabbing and is easily sliding off the needles when needed.
Ray's scarf is being knitted in Dragonfly Fibers in a color called Villanness. It is 100% merino and is so soft to the touch and the color is just a gorgeous variegated green. I am doing a checked pattern of knitted and purled rows so it is a little change-up from the scarf I made for Becky. So far it has been going pretty well and I finally figured out how to use stitch markers. While you more experienced knitters are picking yourself off the floor, Genia had handed out gorgeous handmade knitting markers during the Christmas party. At the time I had figured eventually I would figure out how to use them or would come across a project where someone would say, "Do you have stitch markers?" and I could proudly pull them out and pretend not to be ignorant of their use. Last night in the middle of the night I had an epiphany and realized I could use them to mark where I changed over from knit stitch to purl stitch in the row and that way I wouldn't be counting every 5 seconds like a idiot when trying to knit at our group meetings. So now I have new harmony needles with scrumptious merino wool with bling! :) See.....
Well, I better let you go and see if I can make some more progress on knitting this scarf. Until next time!


4 comments:
What a beautiful scarf for your daughter! Love the green too! Don't you just love working with merino wool? I do.
I love your scarves. Years ago, I could knit and make potholders, but, I never progressed from that!
Becky's scarf is just beautiful! You are doing a fantastic job for just beginning..........I admire you! You described it to a 'tea' for me too...LOL
I love, love, love the colors of Ray's scarf!!!! He will be so proud!
Love,
Sue
Very nice!
Post a Comment