Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride! - Unknown


Thursday, February 9, 2012

Stitching away on cold, rainy/snowy nights!

We are starting to see more forecasts including the white stuff that I have been hoping we would not see here in Maryland. I guess we have to get some, but with my ankle being in repair I had hoped Mother Nature would manage to overlook this area this winter. Of course, this means I have plenty of time to spend curled up in the comfy chair with a book or needle(s) in hand.
Area worked on this past week to completed unfinished stitch area.
I have been working on filling in some of the areas on the Musician's upper body and upper half of the design so I can complete some more back stitching. It is amazing how much difference it makes when you complete the back stitching, sit back and realize how much better everything looks. I guess the details of back stitching just makes everything look sharper and the shading suddenly seems to pop. Next I'm hoping to work on the treasure box which you will notice in the large picture later in the blog along with finishing up the part of the large green pillow behind her back.
The Musician with some more detail work completed.
Also regarding cross stitching, I'm working on putting together my list of UFOs that I will need to address sometime before they totally overtake my stitching corner. It is a sad, sad state of affairs in regards to UFOs at my house. If there is a Stitcher's Anonymous, I would have to be a lifetime member.

This weekend I'm looking forward to a Knitting Madness Night at my LYS, the Knitting Boutique. Just a huge sit-in of gals knitting, watching movies, chatting, goofing off, hanging out and having fun. Sounds like the perfect Friday night to me. Hopefully I can finish up a good portion of Becky's hat which I'm about 1/2 way through the ribbing. I am also slowly making progress on my scarf, but since that is a little more counting and making sure I'm following the pattern, I usually save that for when I'm sitting in the comfort of my chair at home.

Tonight, I made a new meal for our family and it seemed to be well liked by everyone. I took pork chops and after dredging them in a wash of beaten eggs coated them in a mixture of crumbled French's Onions and Hidden Valley Ranch Dip. Afterwards, I baked them in the oven until done and we had a meal. The onions and ranch dip lent their flavors to the pork and seemed to crisp up well on the outside.

French's Onion and Ranch Crusted Pork Chops served with Stuffing and Glazed Carrots
Until next time, keep your stitching and knitting needles movin', spend time with family and friends and most of all enjoy life!

11 comments:

Denise SA said...

So true about the back stitching but that does not mean I like doing it. You have made good progress on the musician iand do not worry about the UFOs I am sure I have more.

Sue said...

The musician looks marvelous and dinner looks YUMMMMMMMMO! You stay IN and OUT of the snow!!!

Hugs,
Sue aka Blackbird

Berly said...

The Musician is really beautiful!! And I would be right there with you at the SA meetings!

Felicity said...

Your musician is gorgeous!

Kay said...

The musician is coming along beautifully!!! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Your WIP is looking great!!!! I too need to make a list of my UFO's. I have been putting it off with the idea of if I don't do it they aren't there. LOL!!!! I really do know better.
Have a great time at your Friday knitting party. Sounds like fun.
Betty in AZ (ILCS)

Unknown said...

The Musician looks fabulous!

Angie said...

I love Joan Elliott. Musician is looking great. I think the back stitching helps our eyes know what should be what.

Elena said...

Beautiful stitching!

Katrien said...

Musician looks fantastic.

Vickie said...

Backstitching is the worst!! But it makes everything pop!

Stitching looks wonderful! and so do the chops!