Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride! - Unknown


Friday, January 25, 2013

Feeling blah.......

I guess I can't really complain since I have managed to make it through most of the winter pretty healthy but the latest cold snap in Maryland brought my upper respiratory system to a grinding halt which is pretty much par for the course. For the last 3 days I have been pretty much sitting around with my blanket pulled over my head just trying to get through the day. Would love to go to work but I have no voice and a wonderful racking cough which just makes me not a happy camper and I don't feel the need to share the crud with any of my office mates who I like working with anyway.



Dragon Dreams has been seeing some progress however and I think by sometime this weekend I'll be pulling out the Krenik and DMC Light Effects to start using them. While I was lucid during one of my stitching periods, I realized this design has 3 additional companion pieces which was published in Cross Stitch Gold book 93. Becky loves anything fantasy like this so I had to look up the designs to see what they looked like and I can see some further Joan Elliott stitching in my future. I love the colors of the phoenix especially ~ and I'm thinking I'll have to pick out some more over dyed fabric like the Sand Castle Jobelan 28-count hand dyed fabric I'm using by Wichelt Imports.

 
During the week I also worked on Innocent Guardian for a little bit but there isn’t much progress to report. Hopefully I can settle down and work on this some again in a day or two. I'm going to be working on varying shades of yellow for quite a bit of time it looks like since the entire underskirt on this design is open and so I am trying to work on this in rotation with my other projects so I don't get bored with it.



 Finished up Ken Follett's “Winter of the World” and if you like Historical Fiction.....this is a book you MUST READ! The next book in the series, tentatively titled "Edge of Eternity" is due out in 2014 and I will anxiously be waiting for additional details. Currently I am working through Jennifer Chiaverini's "Sonoma Rose" which I received as a Christmas present. I love all of the Elm Creek series.

That is about all for this week so I think it is time to make a cup of hot tea and curl up in my favorite stitching spot for a bit.

10 comments:

BearloverSue said...

Love your intro phrase about life. That's really neat. Your stitching looks lovely and I'm surprised to hear that Jennifer Chiaverini has a new book out. I'll have to look for it at the library. Thanks for the reading suggestions. I always love to find new books.

Understand about the upper respiratory infection. I've had one since the 1st of the month and the cough is driving me crazy.

Cindy said...

I can identify with you Carol. I have been home since Wednesday with upper respiratory distress also. Only good part is extra stitching time. Hopefully it will warm up a little so we can breathe. The nagging cough is the worst part.
Your dragon is coming along nicely.I like the phoenix also.
Must check out the Ken Follett book as I am always looking for something new to read.

Sue said...

Feel better honey! Your projects are coming along great. Your stitching is beautiful.

I will have to check out the Elm Creek series!

Hugs,
Sue (Pumpkin)

Anne Sans Tete said...

Hope you feel better soon. Dragon Dreams (and the companion pieces) are really cute!

- Lisa N.

Linda said...

Hope you start feeling real soon. Great progress on both pieces.

Linda

Anonymous said...

Your WIP's are looking great!!! I am really enjoying watching them being stitched up. Get better soon!!!
Betty in AZ (ILCS)

Astrids dragon said...

I'm sure the cold and the snow today didn't help you feel better today, but at least it looks pretty out there! Next week is supposed to be warmer, hang in there.

Looking forward to seeing how the Kreinik looks - so far, so good!

Kay said...

I hope you feel well soon, this winter has been hard for many with being sick. Your stitching is beautiful!

Vickie said...

Feel better soon! Your stitching looks wonderful!!!

Anonymous said...

very nice patterns affordable digitizing vector services !