Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride! - Unknown


Friday, January 11, 2013

Stitching right along.....

Okay I have completed another ornament but before you are too impressed let me remind you I had posted on New Years that I was hoping to finish up on the alpine cabin piece. Think I'll probably have a finishing weekend over a long weekend sometime before spring when the weather is bad and I don't feel like going outside. I want to complete the remaining ornaments within this series so I can make sure they are finished together and will match when finished.

 
Since I have finished up the ornaments, I started another of the Prairie Schooler ornaments in the set. The booklet is O Christmas Tree Number 183. I am hoping to finish up all 4 of the 12 Days of Christmas ornaments so I can finish them together this year.

To say “Thank you” to all the wonderful folks who responded to my last post is a huge understatement. I was blown away by how supportive and complimentary the posts were and I have to say it made my day. Putting together that post was very hard but I think therapeutic in its own way and then to realize all of you took the time to read it and put such nice comments was just a very special moment. I do have one other comment to share from Diane Williams the designer of Little House Needleworks which I must admit bring a really silly smile to my face every time I read it. Here is the email I received:

Dear Carol,

I read the email with a lump in my throat.  My goodness. . . .. you've been through so much and that little design went through it with you.  I am happy that you have come to a place where the design reminds you of happier times and fond memories you had with your mom.  We can't travel the road indefinitely with our parents but we can find beautiful ways to keep them with us always. 

God Bless.
Diane
I wanted to show you the back of my Starlight Sampler I finished on Saturday. I think it is one of the best pieces I've ever completed and I can't wait to see if framed. I’m seriously considering putting a copy of my last blog on the back of the framed Starlight Sampler as some of you suggested. Of course, I have all sorts of UFOs to choose from so I guess I'll sit down at that point with my "Bag of Shame" and see which project needs to see the light of day again.

 
One project I’ve been working on again is Innocent Guardian and slowly making progress on this. My dilemma is should I pull out another UFO and work on it as well or should I stick to this as “the UFO”? I also need to find a good contact number for Dimensions because I think I might need additional thread of the one color and I have the code information but I’ve sent one email and never received a response. If any of you folks have any information or ideas, please let me know. Thanks!


I have been making some small progress on Dragon Dreams and I am very happy with the colors and how they are playing against the fabric I had picked out. I am so in love when the way Joan Elliott uses a color pallet in her stitching designs!


Now I do have a wonderful surprise I received from Sue V for a Secret Sister exchange I realized I haven't shared a picture of yet. She spoiled me rotten and I think this will be a start sometime in 2013 since it has been something I have wanted for a while... Perhaps the 1st of February I’m thinking or during the Superbowl.
 
Another wonderful surprise I received just 2 days ago was a lovely stitched bookmark by Glenna. After having a very hard day at work, nothing can bring a smile to your face faster than to receive such a sweet letter and a stitched surprise.
 
 
Well I think that is about it for this update. I'm participating in a online stitch-a-long this weekend from a Facebook group and I'll be pulling out the Musician again! :) This will be the first stitching on this project in 2013 and I'm hoping to make some good progress on this Joan Elliott design. Wish me luck!

15 comments:

Berly said...

Carol, I have only 1 comment this morning. {{{Hugs}}}

Sue said...

Honey, I know your LHN finish means the world to you, as it should. I think putting a copy of Diane's comments on the back of this piece is a wonderful idea! This piece will come to be a treasured heirloom for Ray and Becky of your Mom and their beloved Grandmother.

I got an email from 123Stitch that your BO scissors from the SS Exchange should be on their way to you, if you have not received them already.

Your work in progress updates are beautiful! You are such a meticulous, beautiful stitcher!

Love,
Sue

Unknown said...

Beautiful little finish! Sounds like you're moving along with your WIPs.

Kay said...

Beautiful little finish! I love it! So thoughtful that you got an email from Diane about your last finish. Beautiful stitching you always do.

*-* said...

Thank you Carol, for sharing the comment from Dianne Williams. How well she expressed the journey. I do love her designs & am working on the first, of many, of LHN Ornaments.
I also love the PS piece you are working on now, We are so blessed to have such very talented designers to inspire our stitching.
Kay.

Linda said...

Great gifts Carol. Great progress on your pieces. And I love the little cabin ornament. I need to be stitching these.

Linda

Anonymous said...

Your finish is pretty. Looking forward in watching these ornaments being stitched up. Diane is a very nice lady. She lives here in Tucson & would come into the LNS that I worked at sometimes. I think it's a great idea to put your blog post onto the back of your framed piece. You got some great gifts. Can't wait to see that new LHN chart stitched up. I think having one big UFO is enough for one year. Unless you finish it & want to work on another UFO.
Betty in AZ (ILCS)

Anonymous said...

Your ornament is very pretty and the back of your picture is so neat and your WIPs are looking very nice so far.

Marl

Vicky L said...

A very beautiful note from Diane. You stitching updates looks great. Lovely gifts.

Vickie said...

Love your stitching update! Isn't the cross stitch community wonderful?

Anonymous said...

I think that framing the blog post (and the response from the designer) with the piece is an excellent idea. What lovely gifts you received, and your stitching is so pretty (I'm jealous of how nice the back of the piece looks, too). I love the variety of your work, and look forward to seeing future posts. Stay well and blessings upon you.

Lyn said...

I love your projects you have stitched and the gifts you received were very beautiful as well.

Anonymous said...

I've gotten extra threads from Dimensions, also replacement charts, fabric, etc, etc... They're really good at sending what you need... Some times it takes a few weeks, but it gets there... Go here, and fill out the form...

http://www.eksuccessbrands.com/dimensionsneedleworks/contactus.htm

Astrids dragon said...

I somehow missed your previous post, not sure how that happened, so sorry.

Even though it must have been hard, how wonderful that your Mom was actually able to see you stitching it. What a treasured piece that will be.

Hugs!

Anonymous said...

nice work embroidery digitizing service in us
!