Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride! - Unknown


Monday, June 15, 2009

Raks, Raks, Raks!!!

RAKS (or Random Acts of Kindness) are one of the fastest ways to turn around a really crappy day! Lately, I have been the surprised and honored recipient of some wonderful presents from some of my stitching buddies across the net. Even better, I have found some really special friends and stitching buddies who cheer for you when you are happy, sympathize with you when you are blue and are just there to lean on and enjoy life with.

Sue V from ESC gave me a pattern from Barbara Baatz called Merry Christmas along with some fabric and the cutest frog scissor fob. I finally decided to get myself a set of Gingher scissors to display my fob on and have decided that this has became my "frog gigging" tool I have needed for so long! Here is a picture of the wonderful scissor fob that Sue made me.

Then "Cowgirl from Hanna" Chris surprised me with another wonderful package a few weeks ago. Of course I was prepared for the infamous confetti which she is known for but then I found inside the cutest Christmas pattern from Imaginating called "Peace Hope Love: which features a cute, little bluejay.

Now I just received another RAK for both Ray and me from Kim P and her son, Matthew. About 2 months ago, Kim and Matthew had sponsored our "Flat Ray" (see previous post about Flat Stanley project) to a visit to St. Louis.. We had decided to surprise both Kim and Matthew with a few things we thought they would like and it seems the 2 boys have found a common thread....... Pokemon! Ray was ecstatic over the book and Pokemon cards he received from Matthew. Of course, I also fell in love with the pattern, fabric and threads which Kim sent to me!

Thanks Ladies for the wonderful presents! You know how to make someone's day!!!