Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride! - Unknown


Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Fairy Ornament & UFO Stitching....


This is something that I am going to try and do every week in 2010. It is a chance to pull out one of those UnFinished Objects (UFOs) that is lurking in the project bag and make some progress on it. Come on! I know most stitchers have at least 1 UFO lurking in that bag and possibly more lurking in the back of their stash cabinets!!!! This is my UFO which has been pulled out and dusted off so I can be stitching on it and hopefully have a finish in 2010. Currently, I am stitching on this project to try and finish up March in 2009 and then I'll go back to my rotation between Kind Fond Love and Tiny Trees and Gifts for Thee. I think it will be a one week rotation between my 2 WIPS and still working on my UFO once a week so I can't feel guilty. Wish me luck.....

Before I started working on my UFO; I worked on finishing up a ornament for a family member. The cross stitching is done and tonight when I am sitting in my favorite chair with my Daylight overhead; I will work on the back-stitching. I am posting a picture of this now to be able to show how much back-stitching can make a difference. Check back in a few days and see for yourself!

Can you believe 2010 will be here in only 2 days? It seems like so much has happened and changed my life in the past year. One goal I have is to make a difference in someone's life and I decided that I would try and donate an ornament or more to a local nursing home next holiday season for some of the shut-in residents who don't have anyone to visit them. Last January when my Mom was in a rehabilitation center, I heard from the nursing staff about a lot of permanent residents who had been there for years with no visitors. How sad! Some had families that lived out of state and would sent in the payments for their care but never visited. Fellow stitchers from my on-line groups have expressed interest in this endeavor. I am going to check into it and post more information on my blog in January. Stay tuned!

13 comments:

Debra said...

Good luck getting your UFO done. And I hope you did get the ornament finished.

Meari said...

Your ornament looks really pretty. Good luck with your UFO. I've been working on mine, too.

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

Good luck with your UFO.

I also plan to get some of my UFO's done. I have went through my stash and did an inventory. I now have a list of everything including a separate UFO list. I am hoping to get at least 8 done this next year. This year I did 5 although they were small.

Your ornament is pretty and I cannot wait to see it finished.

Karen said...

Good luck on your UFO and a cute ornament you have finished.

Hope you have many happy stitches in the new year....

too_busy_to_stitch said...

Love the UFO! Hope you got the ornament finished. I hate backstitch, but it is worth it in the end, I guess!

Cindy in MA said...

We are doing UFO Tuesday in one of my groups. It is a great motivator

Daffycat said...

That is a fantastic New Year's goal! I'll admit to a few dusty projects...

Lovely stitching!

Rene la Frog said...

Good luck with your UFO...I did those stamps a while back and really enjoyed them. Now I use them each month and decorate my seasonal shelf with items that match the stamps.
Your angel is really cute and look forward to seeing the finish.

Lyn said...

Good luck with getting your UFOs done. I know how tempting it can be to move on to something else.

Lyn:)

Jo said...

Good luck on your UFO's, mine is stuck back in the box until I can get lots of free time to find where I am!

MaryT said...

Good luck on the UFO you have a few more hours:0) Look forward to seeing the progress also will check back on seeing the back stitching.

Nancy M said...

Your UFO's are cute and the backstitching really makes the project pop! I know on the Dimension stuff it does! Happy New Year to you.

Unknown said...

Good luck with your UFO. I did half the stamps last year and I am hoping to get at least a couple of the others done this year!