Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride! - Unknown


Sunday, December 6, 2009

A Mini Finish

While I have been stitching pretty frequently, it has been for several Christmas presents which I haven't been at liberty to share yet. However, this one has been safely sent off to a new home. It is a mini ornie exchange from my one group, Every Stitch Counts. The ornament is about 1 1/4 inch square and is completely hand finished. The finish ornament was stitched on the sewing machine, reversed and stuffed and then I hand stitched the braid to the the sides.

My partner sent me a mini ornament as well of an angel finished in a platic hoop frame. My daughter loved the angel and claimed her immediately for herself. Thanks Colleen for the ornament and I hope you enjoy your ornament this year and for years to come on your Christmas tree!
Reading challenge wise, I have been veering off the list of books I originally planned. I have done over 10 books; however only about 6 of the ones on the original list so far. Currently I am reading the second installment in the Bridal Quartet series, called Bed of Roses. Very good book for the romantics of heart and as always a very well written, entertaining story by one of the leading fictional writers of our time ~ Nora Roberts.
Looking forward to finishing my Christmas stitching in the next week so I can go back to enjoying working on Kind Fond Love. I really miss working on this piece and look forward to finishing it so it can grace the wall of my home one day.

2 comments:

Nancy M said...

Both mini ornaments are cute!

Unknown said...

Cute ornaments.