As the 2nd month of 2011 begins (already!?!?), I want to make sure I update you on the progress of my other stitching projects: Peace on Earth by Prairie Schooler Designs and a few UFOs I have been working on. The PS piece is really coming along quickly and should be completed early February. I am still tossing a few colors around for the berries and wreath bow but I am definitely leaning towards a more cranberry color. When this design is done, I think I'll continue on my Country Seasons SAL with Sue by starting the Winter season.

My BRD Tiny Trees design is slowly coming to life and I am trying to find a night or two a week to work a few blocks at a time. The other night, I sat down and finished up some more gridding which means I am ready to start rocking on some filling in of all these nice, neat green squares. I actually did the word, SNOW, the other day while it was snowing (couldn't resist!). Currently 27 blocks are completely finished, I have 9 blocks which just require some additional detail stitching soon and another 14 more blocks to go before I hit the half way point of 50 designs being completed. Hopefully I can get this much done by the end of next month.

My ornament for the month in my stitch-a-long for my Yahoo group, ESC, has been chosen and started a little. I am stitching Prairie Schooler's Snowy Nights ornament from the 2010 Just Cross Stitch magazine. I am looking forward to finishing this ornament and trying another finishing technique since this has been something of a difficult process for me. I love the stitching, but when it comes to making the ornament; I seem to hesitate. The group is having a contest every month to stitch and complete an ornament and so the challenge for me is to find a comfort zone in the finishing of these little stitching projects.
Since the Lizzie Kate UFO was completed, I pulled out a similar sized UFO from my bag and stretched it on my Q-Snap frame. It is a Little House Needleworks design which was last worked on in September 2008. This was another piece which was abandoned after my Mom started having her health issues. I remember her and I had talked about how it would look so good in the Sunline camper so when it is finished it is going to the Stitching Post for framing and it will be hung for camping season this spring (hopefully). Actually, we are planning a camping trip this weekend to Fredricksburg, Virginia with my brother's family so this piece may be worked on in said camper. Wish me luck on all this stitching!

Of course, I am a glutton for punishment but I have fell in love with the My Little Heart SAL which is a design created by
Sylvia. I have decided to start this piece on 32ct. Waterlily Jobelan fabric and am planning on stitching one design a month. Hopefully this piece will be done in December; which means I need to play a little catch up this month. I definitely have my work cut out for me so please keep checking on here for updates and cheer me on!! While I haven't started this piece yet, I am hoping to in the next week or two; keep an eye out for my progress.
Knitting wise.... The scarf is slowly taking shape and hopefully I can have it done before the crocuses are blooming! I have found my row counter is became my best friend in regards to this project and really need to be able to work on this project without a lot of distraction around me. Of course, having 2 kids and a hectic schedule makes this difficult but I am planning on making at least one night around the house a knitting night; just got to figure out which one. Maybe Friday nights will become the Knitting Night in honor of the book which really started my curiosity about the whole craft, The Friday Night Knitting Club by Kate Jacobs. I am very lucky to belong to a group of knitters that when the meet have the same camaraderie and friendly banter as the ladies in this book.

Pinewood 2011.... This years car didn't do as well as we had hoped. The design ended up being a little too light

in the front and was doing some pretty amazing wheelies coming down the track. Of course, catching so much air meant that racing wise it didn't place too well and so at the end of the day I'm not sure who was more disappointed, Ray or his Dad. However, Ray loved his design he came up with this year; the car was titled "The Dragon Wagon" in honor of The Year of the Dragon. The Chinese zodiac sign for Ray is the dragon and he wanted to make his car look like a Chinese dragon. Thank goodness for acrylic paints and sharpies that is all I can say!
TUSAL - Of course, February 3rd means the next installment of my Totally Useless Stitch A Long!!! After looking at some of the ornate jars and containers people had for their orts and other stitching by products, I felt my empty jelly jar looked so forlorn. I decided to give it something to sit with and these are the wonderful ceramic frogs that Ray and I painted last year. Hopefully the stitching frog will think I have enough amphibious friends hanging out already and stay away.... LOL! I am quite proud that I have accomplished the amount of stitching that this amount of ORTS shows because I really have been enjoying myself on this front. Next TUSAL installment is due on March 4th to participate in
Daffycat's endeavor so if you want to have some fun; join us!
Until next time, keep your knittin' and stitchin' needles flying, enjoy times with friends and family and enjoy life!
9 comments:
Nice stitching progress.
Love the colors in the scarf.
Pumpkin, everything looks great!!! Your PS is coming along beautifully, as well as your BRD.
Good work on the LHN UFO....I love those designs....we may have to think about stitching one of those together.
Ray's photo is just adorable; he is so handsome!!! His car looks fantastic; Nick didn't place this year either, so tell Ray not to be too disappointed, there is always next year!!!!!!
Hugs
I love the colors in your scarf. Your PS piece is coming along great and its wonderful you picked up another UFO. Have a fun time camping this weekend and you have to tell us about your new stitching group.
You're coming right along Carol. Looking Good! Ray's a Cutie!!!1
Love your WIPs!
My daughter is also a Dragon. Love the car. He did a great job.
You have been busy! I love "The Wagon Dragon"!!!
All your WIP's look great. Have a great time camping. Hopefully the weather holds up & you don't get hit with any bitter cold & snow. Ray's racer looks terrific. Sorry he didn't win but as long as he had fun that's all that matters.
Thanks for sharing.
Betty in AZ (ILCS)
Love the BRD design. Have fun camping.
Oh wow, Ray's care is freakin' awesome! Too bad it didn't race so well but it sure is pretty.
Lovely TU update. I adore the frog guards. Maybe they will ward off those pesky stitching ones!
Post a Comment