Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride! - Unknown


Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Slow but sure.....


Slowly but surely I am making progress in the stitching department. Some days it seems like I barely make it through the day before it is time to go to bed and start all over again. However, I am finding that making a few minutes everyday helps me to relax and prepare for the next day a little better. I bought this piece last year shortly after my Mom's death because the verse just really spoke to me. The piece, Quaker Seasons by My Big Toe Designs says, "to everything there is a season; a time for every purpose under heaven" and is stitched in Weeks Dye Works threads. I am working on 32 count Ivory Lugana evenweave. Although it isn't much yet; a few stitches are all that is required for a start. Luckily this piece is large areas of the same color so it is very good for stitching on during a busy day. Unfortunately, it seems like this first color of thread, Collards, is wanting to knot up all the time. I use Thread Heaven all the time, but no matter how careful I am with the stitching; it always seem to knot up. Any suggestions????
Quaker Seasons
by
My Big Toe Designs

4 comments:

too_busy_to_stitch said...

That's so beautiful! I find those threads knot occasionally - never tried Thread Heaven. I just use shorter lengths, which does seem to help.

lynda said...

I love this piece too...that is one of my favorite sentiments. Sorry about all the thread knots...I don't have any solutions, I usually just grunt alot when that happens! Looking forward to watching your progress on this piece.

Lynette said...

Glad you are getting back into stitching Carol. This is a lovely piece and you've made a good start. Sorry I can't offer a solution to your knotty problem!

Nancy M said...

I hate Weeks, I get a Carrie's equivalent, or use Victorian Motto floss (she sells on ebay) you can easily sub out colors for Weeks. Carries is only $1 per skein too!