Of course, many of you have encouraged me to start "The Musician" by Joan Elliot and while I did pull out my chart, I want to make sure I have all my threads and fabric prepped and ready to go. I might start this one the end of January/beginning of February ~ we'll see but I would like to get at least one UFO under my belt before this project.
Speaking of UFO's: I-am-this-close to finishing Lizzie Kate's Merry Friends and I will be so, so, so glad to finish up with the Wisper thread! I worked some on this piece this week and it seems to take forever since the thread has to be cut so short to work with. However, I am making progress and if you live on the Northeast side of the United States, I'm sure you'll hear me singing as I'm doing the happy dance around my living room when this is completed.
I have even made a little progress on Blue Ribbon Design's Tiny Trees and Gifts for Thee which I guess will be one of the next UFO's on the rotation schedule. This little beast of a project has 100 (yes 100!) blocks of very cute designs and I did finish up one block this weekend. I am hoping to work a few blocks each week and hopefully by the end of 2011 I can count this as a completed project. Let's see, I had to go back to February 2010 to find any updates on my blog for this piece and I would guess it has been that long since it had seen the light of day. I love the design and the colors on this but I think the constant changing threads and a few questions I still need to have answered about the chart turned me off on this one. I think the next time I go to my LNS I will take the chart along and ask them what the designer meant by the way she had charted some of the areas and then I'll just put on my big girl panties and get to work. Here is a few pictures to show you what I have managed to get accomplished ~ Gee I have over a 1/4 of the blocks done....
Before.....
This week's progress.....
Of course, I do plan on starting to work again on my Lizzie Kate Monthly Stamp-It series and went so far as to see what I had to do to complete the months I have already worked on. There is just little things like finishing up the background color on some blocks or small little detail stitching in some blocks which will go quick. My last update on this UFO was July2010 and I was working on June at that time. This one is definitely coming out of the bottom of the bag when Merry Friends is completed and you can help hold me to the cork screws to get this one done. You have no idea how much I am being encouraged by reading all the wonderful, witty, caring remarks you leave me on my blog and for this I am so grateful.


15 comments:
Piece on Earth is such a beautiful chart. Bought that chart last year too.
Crossing fingers here that you're soon finished with the whisper thread. It will look great though.
Beautiful work, Carol! I love Tiny Trees. Hmm, we may have to talk trade with the chart when you're finished!
Your stitching is beautiful, these will look great when done!
Wow. Busy, busy, busy. You have some fabulous projects in the works. I love them all. The LK is just adorable.
Maybe when you finish the LK Santa you can start the Joan Eliott piece? Your recent stitching looks good. I hope you feel better soon.
Hi Pumpkin, hope you feel better soon; that is what I had and it is nasty!
Your new PS start looks great! I don't think I have that book. I plan to go back to my PS this weekend.
I can't wait to see it finished! You do lovely work!
Your WIP's are looking great. I am enjoying watching your pieces being stitched. LK's Merry Friends is so adorable. I know you will be pleased & happy you used the Whisper Thread when it is completed. Keep up the great stitching.
Betty in AZ (ILCS)
Much progress on the new start. Like the piece with the blocks.
You're doing a great job sorting out your UFOs Carol - an example to us all!!
I love your new start but then virtually any PS piece would look good to me!!
LOVE your blog, Carol! Great taste in projects. I enjoyed my visit!
You have been busy! I love the projects you are stitching. You are almost done with Merry Friends. I know you will so happy and dancing when you are done. Looking forward to your next update!
Wow have you been busy or what? I love PS too and have a lot of them to stitch. Getting ready to start on 2 of them now:)
Mary Louise in IN
Your stitching looks great. I like the lizzie kate santa piece. I think I will have to find that one. I am doing the stamp series too. For some reason I have march and april done but none of the others. I plan on getting and finishing those this year.
Heidi ILCS
Your stitching looks great. I like the lizzie kate santa piece. I think I will have to find that one. I am doing the stamp series too. For some reason I have march and april done but none of the others. I plan on getting and finishing those this year.
Heidi ILCS
Your stitching looks great. I like the lizzie kate santa piece. I think I will have to find that one. I am doing the stamp series too. For some reason I have march and april done but none of the others. I plan on getting and finishing those this year.
Heidi ILCS
Post a Comment