Here is what the design should look like when completed.....

and here is the progress so far. I am not a fan of stitching with two different threads because I worry about how it will turn out but so far, so good. I am railroading my stitches which seem to help them lay flat and show each color of thread. The hubby, George, likes looking at my cross stitch projects early on and reliving days of Rorshach ink blot tests (not sure if this is flashbacks of previous psychological tests of his sanity). Never the less, we usually get a few good laughs when he comes up with his descriptions of what he "sees" in a stitching project before it begins to take on its true shape. Currently he feels this looks like a Chihuahua with dragon wings on it's back..... like I said I am not vouching for his sanity or lack thereof. Currently I am working on the area just below the pocket with the bunnies sticking out of it for those who like to know kind of the stitched area that is being shown.
Of course, I am so happy to report that after torturing myself with the dastardly Wisper thread, that my UFO, Lizzie Kate's Merry Friends piece is complete! I finished the stitching on this piece on my mental health day when the kids were home from school because of a snowfall and I am happy to say that I will NOT miss stitching with the Wisper thread. I do love the effect but I can honestly say I would probably pause before I would consider stitching another design with this fiber. Fuzzy threads are for a knittin' in my honest opinion and not necessarily for stiching'!
Of course, I am already pulling out another smaller UFO that I can stretch on my 6" Q-Snap frame and will be posting updates on it soon. One down, another bunch to go before my poor sewing bag will be able to be pulled off life support but at this time the status of it is still serious but stable condition. LOL
Until next time, keep your stitchin' and knittin' needles flying, spend time with friends and family, remember to laugh and enjoy life!


11 comments:
What a neat kit! Wow! I am sure it will turn out lovely.
The Lizzie Kate is adorable! Love those patterns.
Keep up the great work Pumpkin!
Congratulations on the finish! It's adorable!
LK looks adorable!! I love it! Good luck on the Dimensions Gold kit. They are beautiful, I've done 2 of them. I vowed never to do another one, no matter how much it screamed out my name. That *&^% gold metallic thread they put in all of them is a bear to work with! I'd sooner rather work with yards of Wisper!
That is just beautiful, I'd love to do one but don't know if I have the patience anymore! Looking forward to seeing your progress on it.
The LK is really cute!
Love the kit and congrats on your finish!
Love the LK finish! I think if I ever stitch that one I will just use plain white DMC instead of the wisper.
I like the kit and cute finish.
Marl
That will be beautiful kit when completed. I don't mind using two threads to stitch with. I never thought to use the railroading stitch. I will have to give that a try. You have a great start so far. I love your finish on the LK. You did a fantastic job.
Wonderful finish, it is so good to have finishes isnt it.
Gorgeous angel and I love the santa saying.
Love your LK finish! I have that one in my pile too but I am not sure if I'll use Whisper. I've used it before and it can be a bear. Good luck with your WIPs.
Post a Comment