Happy Dance! Happy Dance! Happy Dance!

Original plans was to complete this piece into an ornament but I never made it to the fabric store to pick up the "perfect" backing. I am waiting on the backing fabric to attach the beads because this may change the choice in bead color. Hopefully the upcoming weekend I can spend some time finishing off some ornaments to be packed away for next year.
Another finish was my first book of the year: "A Thread so Thin" by Marie Bostwick. This was the final book in a trilogy called the Cobbled Court series Have you ever read a book you hated to reach the end? Ms. Bostwick's characters are so well developed, the plots (usually several of them) so well planned that the reader feels like the characters come alive in their minds. I love the fact that the book addresses several common, everyday situations that women find themselves involved in and shows how friends pull together to support each other through them. I would recommend this series to anyone who would enjoy a good read.
Country Seaons: Autumn
Designer: Prairie Schooler
Fabric: 32 count Lambswool Jobelan
Threads: DMC
Last night, I placed the last stitch into Prairie Schooler's Country Season's Autumn. This is the 2nd in the series of 4 which I have stitched. Loved the colors all together but at times it felt like a lot of stitching in brown, brown, brown! This is my first finish of 2011 and I'm hoping to start the next season, Winter, soon. Designer: Prairie Schooler
Fabric: 32 count Lambswool Jobelan
Threads: DMC
Another finish was my first book of the year: "A Thread so Thin" by Marie Bostwick. This was the final book in a trilogy called the Cobbled Court series Have you ever read a book you hated to reach the end? Ms. Bostwick's characters are so well developed, the plots (usually several of them) so well planned that the reader feels like the characters come alive in their minds. I love the fact that the book addresses several common, everyday situations that women find themselves involved in and shows how friends pull together to support each other through them. I would recommend this series to anyone who would enjoy a good read.


17 comments:
Pumpkin, your finishes are lovely! You are ahead of me with the seasons. I plan to go back to my Winter this week.
Keep up the great work!! I love reading the updates on your blog each week.
Love,
Sue
Carol, I love the autumn piece! The Christmas one is pretty too, can't wait to see what you pick for backing. I'll have to make note of that series of books. I'll put it on my library list. Thanks for the recommendation!
Carol, I love the finishes. The PS Country Season's Autumn is out of this world. I love the color schemes they use. Keep up the fantastic work and congrats on the finishes. Don't they make you fee good? LOL
love the finishes!!!!!! I want to do some PS charts so bad........maybe in my next life???
I love the little word tree...I have done it but will do it several more times I think!!!
Two very nice finishes!
Well done on the PS finish, it is so very beautiful! Your ornament is adorable too.
the autumn piece is very nice. The ornament is really cute.
Nice finishes. The ornament is simple yet so pretty.
Very nice stitching! Love the tree!!
Congrats on your finishes.
They are beautiful.
Congrats on your first finish. I am stithing Holiday Spirit as well, thanks to you--saw it on your blog and I knew I had to do it.
Have a great day.
CJ
Congrats on your finishes! They both look great.
Congrats on the finish Carol! I love PS charts and this one is no exception!!
A Nice start to the year with 2 finishes. I love the Christmas tree.
Love your finishes, this Prairie Schooler series is lovely, must get around to stitching it soon. Look forward to seeing the tree finshed, I'm hopeless on finishing anything once the stitching part is done
Congratulations on the finishes - I'm happy dancing with you!
Great Finishes..Congrats
Post a Comment