Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride! - Unknown


Friday, January 21, 2011

Shoppin' and a Stitchin'

Well, my stitching progress hasn't been stellar this week but sometimes life gets in the way. Between kids activities, working, and celebrating our anniversary at the Melting Pot in Annapolis this week, I haven't had a whole lot of time at home. I did manage to get a few shopping trips in for stitching supplies though and hopefully I will get a chance to get my ornament finally put together for this month's SAL in my Every Stitch Counts yahoo group. Have you ever had the "perfect" fabric pictured in your head but had trouble finding what you wanted? I went through bolt after bolt and aisle after aisle to find the fabric for the ornament. The final result: a fat quarter already cut and sitting in a display in the store. After finding this purple fabric, I went over and picked up some purple cording and if I can find a little bit of time (hopefully Saturday night or Sunday afternoon), I can finish up my January challenge.

My other purchase was the fabric for Joan Elliot's Musician along with the necessary beads, braid and a few colors of DMC that was needed. You can see there is quite a bit of colors pulled together for this piece and I'll be working it on 32 count Ivory Jobelan. I am still planning on waiting on this piece until February since I want to finish up my ornament and my Lizzie Kate Merry Friends piece first but I feel better knowing I have everything needed for this piece when I am ready to start.


Peace on Earth by Prairie Schooler is still coming right along and I'm thinking this will be a favorite design for the Christmas season. I am going to do a little more stitching before I pick out the cranberry and bow color but I have to say I definitely received some wonderful suggestions from all of you! This weekend I have a music festival to attend with Becky for most of Saturday so I'm planning on packing up my stitching and making some progress on this piece.
I did manage to finish up my 2nd book of the year; Dropped Dead Stitch by Maggie Sefton,which is part of the Knitting Mystery series and is a fun easy read. There is recipes and knitting patterns in all the books and I have already put the last book on hold in the local library.
Finally I had to post this here on my blog. I'm not sure who wrote this but I know it applies!
Someone from my ESC group posted it to the group and when I read it, I had a smile on my face. Enjoy!.

A Crafter's Prayer.

Dear Lord,
I'm going to need some notice
Before my days are done.
You see, I'm a craftaholic -
A fact not known to some.
My craft room it is bulging,
All corners, crannies and nooks,
There's loads of boxes under the bed,
I hope no one ever looks!
I tell myself when shopping,
"No more crafty bits today",
But the craft shops are like magnets,
Drawing me their way.
I'm totally at their mercy,
Just "need" a dozen of each,
Then I hurry home to hide them
Before the family starts to preach.
So Lord I'll need a little time,
To dispose of all this stuff.
And Lord, can we just keep all this
Between the two of us?
Amen

Until next time, keep your stitching needles movin', spend some time with family and friends and enjoy life!

11 comments:

Berly said...

Carol,

Happy Anniversary! That braid is going to be beautiful on the ornament, I can't wait to see the finished product! Peace on Earth is looking good! Good luck on the musician.

PennyB said...

Can't wait to see the Musician. Is she playing the flute? My daughter is a flutist. You should think about joining us at the ILCS Cape May Retreat. You're not that far away. It'd be fun to meet you.

PennyB

Jo said...

Happy Anniversary. The fabric you found is wonderful, so bright and vibrant. Adore the poem, totally the stitchers prayer. Good luck on the musician, it's a lovely piece.

EvalinaMaria said...

Great projects and I love the poem! So true...

htimcj said...

Great stitching!
Heidi-ILCS

Claudette497 said...

Happy anniversary! Your stitching is all coming along beautifully.

Meari said...

LOL, love the poem!

Happy Anniversary :)

The ornament is going to be beautiful. Wow, lots of great colors for the musician.

Danielle said...

Oh, I LOVE the Melting Pot!! You must live near me? I am only 20 minutes from Annapolis.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary.
The braid looks like a perfect match to your piece.
The Musician will look great. Love your Piece on Earth piece.

Lisa said...

Happy Anniversary - may health, happiness and love continue to bless you & yours!
Love the cording and look forward to seeing a snapshot of the finish :).
Great prayer, I can totally relate; however, I have been very good so far this year. No visits to my LNS or Michaels this month.
Take care!

Sue said...

I love this poem too Pumpkin!

I think that your JE Musician is going to be stunning; can't wait to see the work in progress on that one!

Your PS is coming along beautifully too; I have done more on mine! I think you are a bit ahead of me on the Seasons.

Keep on stitching!
xoxo