Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride! - Unknown


Monday, January 3, 2011

UFO Sunday

Sunday's are the day that my one group, I-love-cross-stitch has set aside for working on your UFO projects. Since it is my New Year's resolution to try and finish up a few of these projects, I continued working on LK's Merry Friends and now Santa's beard is almost complete. Just the Hat trim, and one coat cuff to go followed by some outline stitching. Then I need to look through my charm collection for the silver birdhouse which goes between the words 'make' and 'the' in the saying.

Later in the evening, I decided to switch projects (had enough of the Whisper thread for one night!) and worked again on my Prairie Schooler Autumn piece. Not a whole lot of progress was made but progress is progress, right??? At the rate it is going, I might have 2 completions by the end of the month if I'm lucky and can keep up this pace. We'll see.
Becky had a science project due on the first day back to school from Winter Break so Sunday was spent mostly working to put together the display of her results and Monday means going back to the daily grind for all of us. The holidays are over.

6 comments:

Vicky L said...

Everything is looking great! Keep it up!

htimcj said...

Beautiful stitching!
Heidi-ILCS

Meari said...

Both look great, Carol.

Shari said...

they both look great Carol!!!!!! I MUST pull some PS charts to work on....yeah, right..in my free stitching time!!!

Karen said...

Very nice.... just love the LK Santas... hope you finish him soon!

Bec said...

Hi Carol. :)

Thanks for following my blog!

Both pieces look great! Hope you can complete them before the end of the month.


Happy Stitching
Bec