Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride! - Unknown


Thursday, March 3, 2011

Get ready, get set, go!!!

Well, it is starting...... what you might ask? Joan Elliott's Musician is finally, finally, finally becoming a work in progress in Carol's sewing bag this Sunday! When I mentioned I had planned on starting this piece, La Frog II, expressed interest in this design as well so we decided to make it into a stitch-a-long. After some coordinating, gathering supplies, prepping fabric and getting some stitching projects completed and out of the way; we decided to start on the first Sunday of March. We decided to make it a Sunday/Monday stitching project and that way I can enjoy a day during the weekend working on it as well as adding some additional stitches on a week night. Of course, sometimes life will get in the way but I'm looking forward to working on my first Joan Elliott design and after falling in love with so many designs I have seen other stitchers working, I have a feeling it will be the first of many.
So if any of you fellow stitchers out here in blog land would like to join us; please gather up your supplies, sit back in a comfy chair and start stitching!

8 comments:

Kim said...

Cant wait to see her come to life. :)

Nancy M said...

This is a very pretty pattern! Have fun with the SAL with Nancy

Astrids dragon said...

Just beautiful! Looking forward to seeing your progress!

Claudette497 said...

I love the feeling of a new start! Have fun with your SAL. I look forward to seeing your progress.

Debra said...

What a pretty piece to stitch.

Meari said...

Looking forward to seeing your progress, Carol.

Lynette said...

I'm so looking forward to seeing your progress on this one, Carol! I have it on my wish list!

chrisstitches said...

This is what I was searching to see....the chart for the Musician. Thanks for sharing. It is beautiful!