Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride! - Unknown


Sunday, March 20, 2011

A Great Weekend!

What a fantastic weekend! Awesome weather with the beginning of spring (finally!), a wonderful time stitching and meeting new friends, and progress on the Musician to report. Spring has finally arrived and the flowers are blooming, the yellow bushes are budding and everything is starting to green up.
Saturday I attended the Red Hot Stitchers Meet and Greet in Catonsville. I arrived at 9a.m. to help set up and by 10a.m. we had ladies arriving and was soon underway. We had a really nice turnout and so many different projects were there to be seen and made over. We even had a bragging section set up for any finishes that had been done and a swap table too. The event went through the afternoon and everyone chipped in for the potluck meal. Here is a picture of me taken while stitching and talking to a couple of ladies at the event.

I actually completed quite a bit on the bodice and sleeve and did a lot of fill in on the head covering. A lot of white stitching was done which doesn't show up as easily as the jewel toned coloring but I am thrilled with how much progress I have made on this piece already.
Until next time keep your stitchin' and knittin' needles flying, enjoy time with family and friends and most of all, enjoy life!

8 comments:

For Sale Or Trade dannmurray said...

You have made a lot of progress Carol! She is looking really great. Keep those needles smokin'!

Kay said...

Your weekend sounded like so much fun! Coming along nicely with the stitching. Happy spring!

Siobhán said...

Nice progress! It looks like the weekend was a load of fun.

chrisstitches said...

You were busy at the stitcher's retreat. I'd be gabbing & not getting my work done. Thanks for sharing the fun event & your project. I look forward to seeing the progress on it.

Meari said...

What a fun retreat... or at least it sounded fun! Musician looks great.

S in DE said...

Carol,
It was great meeting you at the GTG on Saturday. Glad you were able to make progress on your stitching.
Hope to see you there again,

Sue in MD (rv sue)

Sue said...

She is looking fabulous Pumpkin! Glad to talk to you over the weekend. It is always nice catching up! Hope to see you soon.

Love,
Sue

Barb said...

She is looking good! I look forward to seeing more progress on her. Keep up the good stitching!