Sometimes even the best intentions go astray, right??? I was hoping to complete 2000 stitches on the Musician before the end of the month but due to work schedules and everything else that life throws in the way it just didn't seem to happen. In fact while working on her the other night I realized a small patch of stitches were off by one row and had to frog them out and redo them the next night which even made more of a detour from the plan. Grrr.........
Anyway, I have decided which alphabet style to use on the dogwood scissor fob and have started working on the blue border stitches. I have also been making progress on my exchange piece and hopefully will finish it up early next week, stitch it up and by the end of the week have it on its way to Jolly Ole England just before the Royal Wedding. We can only hope!
Reading has still been a favorite pastime of mine and so far this year I have finished 9 books and am working on a book by Robert Hicks called the Widow of the South. This is a book based on the Battle of Franklin in 1864 and events which occurred later that led to the establishment of the only privately owned National Cemetery. The story of Carrie McGavock is a story which everyone should read because it tells of an amazing woman who showed compassion and honor after the horrors of the Civil War. Before the battle her house was commandeered by General Forrester to be used as a recognizance location for the Confederate Army and as a field hospital during the battle. After wards, Carrie and her husband John McGavock allowed a permanent cemetery to be established on 2 acres of their farm in order to allow proper burial of the Confederate dead since the United States refused to bury them in a nearby Federal cemetery. Until her death, Mrs. McGavock cared for this plot of ground, comforting grieving families who came to visit and providing information via letters to families who contacted her. A fabulous read and one I highly recommend!!
Thursday, March 31, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment