'Cause my Prairie
Schooler design is done! This will officially be finish number 5 for me this year so far and I am still very happy with the fact that I have already finished more stitching in the first three months of 2011 than I completed in all of 2010.
Peace on Earth
Designer: Prairie Schooler
Book 81 Songs of the Season
Fabric: 32 count White Jobelan
Stitched with DMC
When I first saw this design I immediately thought of my Granny's house from when I was a small child. The house was an old farm style home, typical of Anne
Arundel county 18
th and 19
th century architecture here in Maryland. It was a sunny yellow house with a front porch and a summer kitchen off to the side. It actually had a circular driveway in the front yard and beautiful daffodils and other flowering bulbs planted across the front and along the sidewalk. This picture of the
Zepp Farmhouse was taken in the 1970s.

I met up with 2 of my cousins this weekend for lunch at a wonderful Chinese restaurant and when they saw it both said it reminded them of Granny's house too. This is a picture taken of my Grandmother and Grandfather out in the front yard overlooking the farmland. This was taken by my cousin Shirley with a Brownie camera and is probably taken sometime within the early 1940s.
19 comments:
Great finish!
Heidi-ILCS
Congrats on your finish. Looks great!
Congratulations on a lovely finish - what great memories that must stir up for you.
I love this finish Carol! I am happy you found the chart! You did a beautiful job, as always.
Hugs,
Sue
Congrats on the finish! Doesn't it feel GREAT to have some finished under your belt?
I love the old photos too. I'm really into turnip digs now for my family tree and loving the older photographs that my older family members are sharing.
Beautiful! This is a very pretty design and something I would enjoy stitching!
Woo Hoo! Congrats on the finish. Loved the photos and story to go with it.
Wonderful finish!
Beautiful finish, I love Prairie Schooler!
So nice to have memories associated with your pieces! It looks great BTW.
the PS looks great Carol! Congrats on the finish!!!! Keep stitching!
I love your finish, PS is oneof my favorites. I really love the farmhouse picture it reminds me of home. I grew up on the Eastern Shore in Delaware. My hubby and I were stationed in DC so I had the opportunity to visit often. I love the pizza at Nicola's. One day I will take my children there.
CJ
I love your finish, PS is oneof my favorites. I really love the farmhouse picture it reminds me of home. I grew up on the Eastern Shore in Delaware. My hubby and I were stationed in DC so I had the opportunity to visit often. I love the pizza at Nicola's. One day I will take my children there.
CJ
Congratulations on your milestone, your needle is flying this year! Its so great that you have those family photos. Make copies and put originals in fire safe =) Pam from ESC
That is a lovely finish.
Marl
Beautiful finish! Great start on the Musician!
What a wonderful finish, Carol--and I love the fact that it looks a lot like your Grandma's house!
Love your finish! You're way ahead of me in getting projects done.
Mary Louise
I love the Prairie Schooler. Thanks for sharing it & the family photo.
Post a Comment