
Well, I read through some internet friends blogs from time to time and when browsing through some blogs from my online stitching group, Stitch It Quick, I found this challenge on Vickie's blog. I love reading and usually have a book in progress at all times. I know some people who enjoy reading 2-3 books at one time (one for the car, one for work, one for home) but I'm the type who carry my book from place to place. There are some that I have read over and over again that sit on my bookshelf in a place of honor being held together by a rubber band. When I was a kid I could read a book and start it all over again from the beginning if I didn't have anything else to read. My family jokes that I'll read anything if you give it to me.
There won't be any prizes for this challenge...this is just for you and your love of reading. The prize will be time spent with a good book.
On to the 10 Book challenge:
Sign up by Sept. 15 by leaving a comment here and then posting the challenge to your blog and/or website. Then make a list of 10 books you want to read by the end of this year. You don't have to stick to your list since sometimes something more interesting comes along that strikes your fancy. You must read 10 books though....that is the challenge.Please post a comment on my blog to let me know how you are doing! Please make sure you link to my blog your list. I can't wait to see what everyone chooses to read!!!!
My list:
1. Crewel Yule by Monica Ferris
2. Embroidered Truths by Monica Ferris
3. Sins and Needles by Monica Ferris
4. Knitting Bones by Monica Ferris
5. Death by Darjeeling by Laura Childs
6. Gunpowder Green by Laura Childs
7. Shades of Earl Grey by Laura Childs
8. The English Breakfast Murder by Laura Childs
9. Jasmine Moon Murder by Laura Childs
10. Chamomile Mourning by Laura Childs
As you can see, my reading list is from 2 authors. I love to read an entire series back to back because you don't forget the little details from each novel. Of course, I want to read about 10 more books by the end of the year and found out the latest Dan Brown novel (The Lost Symbol), Monica Ferris (Blackwork), Phillipa Gregory (The White Queen) and Diana Gabaldon (An Echo in the Bone) is coming out this month or next. As you can tell, I'm a very diverse reader.
Enjoy!


1 comment:
HI Carol!!! I decided to offer a random drawing of a $10.00 GC to Barnes and Noble for the challenge!!!!!
Post a Comment