Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride! - Unknown


Tuesday, September 22, 2009

County Fair 2009

This was the first year in 13 years that I haven't had an entry in the counted cross stitch departments. I have been working on stitching but with my Mom's illness and death, I never got around to finishing any projects that was fair worthy. The Boyer family was still present at the fair and brought home a ribbon on all entries at the end of the competition.


Ray brought home his first Reserve Champion ribbon on his Pinewood Derby car of this past year which is affectionally known as "Treeko's Racer" in the Homearts department. He also took 2nd place in the Fine Arts department with his creation, "Bull Bass" which is one of my favorite items he has created so far. Becky took 3rd place with "Elle" in the Fine Arts department and also a partcipation ribbon with her "Purple Kitty" in Homearts.
Surprisingly, I brought home 3rd place in my Jelly making! I was very excited since I was the "newbie" in this department and the competition at the fair is pretty good in the canned goods area. It definitely was a good feeling to go into a new area of competition and earn a ribbon. Next year, I'll have to venture more with the canning and return to my HomeArts, NeedleArts and Christmas Corner deparment competitions......

2 comments:

Meari said...

Congrats on the wins!

Beth said...

Congratulations, Carol, Becky, and Raymond! Your entries look wonderful!

Hugs,
Beth