While I have stitching projects around the house, I think they are on loan from my kids. The two of them talk about which pictures and other finishes are theirs like I'm not even the one stitching them..... I guess the upside to their attitude is that nothing will end up on the curb waiting for the trash truck one day! This little finish is for me since it is my birthday fairy. I really liked how the colors blended and complimented each other. The amazing part is how detailed this little lady turned out to be and can take a lot longer to stitch than what you expect for something so small. These are really cute finishes though and I plan on making some more for family and friends for small gifts.
Most needle workers take pride in their neatness of their stitching projects. As such, I also take great strides in order to keep my back as neat as possible. Using my Gingher scissors, I try to keep the ends of threads cut as close to the work as possible. I tuck my threads very carefully, however I like to make sure my threads are secured and so I tuck very long tails on my needlework. Here is the back of my birthday fairy for example.
I have been working on a Christmas ornament for an exchange in my one Yahoo Group, Every Stitch Counts, but no peeking quite yet! I will be completing the stitching and finishing it into an ornament and after my exchange partner receives it I will post a picture, I promise.
Kind Fond Love is still a favorite stitching project of mine. I love how it is turning out. Definitely a wonderful project and I can't wait for the day that I'm picking out the perfect frame to have it finished. I plan on doing more large projects in the future along with having smaller projects just for fun, quick stitches and instant gratification.
The days are getting shorter and that means more and more evening time to cozy up in a comfy chair and read a book or stitch away the hours. Enjoy!
P.S. For any stitchers out there, please go to Tammy's blog! She is celebrating her 1st Blogoversary and has some wonderful give aways you can enter.


3 comments:
Your little birthday fairy is very cute - and there is a lot of detail in her, for it almost looks like she could come to life. I, like you, am obsessed about how my back looks on my stitched pieces. Many times that really makes the difference in how a piece looks finished - for if it has extra strings or little knots, it gets puffy or bumpy when finished.
Yes...the days are growing shorter. I guess that means that we need to go to bed earlier and wake up later following the lead of the sun :)
Cute finish. I love the picture of your cats just sitting there. I agree... I am ready to start a fire in the fireplace and curl up in my chair with a good book.
cute fairy and the back looks nice too.
Post a Comment